The Mid-Prairie School District covers 215 square miles of gently rolling landscape in southeastern Iowa.
The City of Wellman is home to Wellman Pre-School, Wellman Elementary, Mid-Prairie High School, and the District’s Central Office.
- The only school district in the state to teach Spanish and Chinese at the elementary school level
- AP Index in the top 10 of all schools in Iowa
- Activities program consistently rated in the top 10 of all 2A schools in the state
- Nationally Recognized
Iowa Mennonite School
Iowa Mennonite School is a private, Christian school located 8 miles northeast of Wellman. IMS offers an academically excellent, Christ-centered education to students and families from all denominations. The caring school community prepares students for lives of Christian discipleship, peacemaking and service.
- IMS has a 13:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Students have an average ACT score of 24.4 compared to the current state average of 22.2.
- 50% of the teaching faculty have a graduate degree or higher.
- Students consistently place in the high 90th percentile on the Iowa Tests of Educational Development.
- 93% of IMS graduates attend post-secondary educational institutions.